Help us design our new logo for the new GYLI Alumni Network! The Contest is open to all GYLI Alum. See below for full contest rules.
Global Youth Leadership Alumni Network Logo Contest Official Rules:
This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Global Youth Leadership Institute Alumni Network Logo Design Contest. The object of this contest is to design a logo for the GYLI Alumni Network. Information on how to enter and about the prize is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
- “Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
- “Entrant” means the individual or entity that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest
- The Contest is open to all GYLI Alum.
How to Enter
- Initial entries must be submitted by email to [email protected]. Logo entries can be originally created on computer or on paper, but all entries must be submitted in one of the computer formats listed below. The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
- No more than one (1) Entry may be submitted by any one Entrant.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- The deadline for Entries is 5:00 PM CST on March 1, 2016.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
- The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Global Youth Leadership Institute Alumni Network. The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily. Please submit designs in black and white. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
- Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images. The logo must contain the words “Global Youth Leadership Institute Alumni Network”.
- The logo must not contain any other text besides that required above.
- Designs must be submitted in any of the following formats: .jpg, .tiff, or .pdf (if a hard-copy design sketch is submitted, it must be scanned or otherwise rendered into one of the above computer formats and submitted).
- Images can be larger than, but must be no smaller than, three inches by three inches (3” x 3”).
- Subject to the legal requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced on March 9, 2014.
- The winning designer will receive:$100 Gift Card to EARTH University’s online gift shop, GYLI swag, Fair Trade Coffee, Chocolates, and a Banana Paper Notebook.
2. The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- The winning design will be selected by the Global Youth Leadership Board of Directors. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
- Global Youth Leadership Institute reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- Global Youth Leadership Institute reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to Global Youth Leadership Institute.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for Global Youth Leadership Institute to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- By entering, the winning entrant agrees that their name and photograph may be Global Youth Leadership Institute for promotional purposes without further remuneration.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All Entries will become the sole property of Global Youth Leadership Institute and may be displayed publicly on Global Youth Leadership Institute web sites.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and Global Youth Leadership Institute in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and Global Youth Leadership Institute and relating to the Contest.
- No purchase necessary.
- There will be only one prize winner for this contest.
- The prize winner is only entitled to the prize, and must sign and deliver to Global Youth Leadership Institute a release waiving any rights to further compensation prior to delivery of the prize to the winner. All other entries and entrants are not entitled to any compensation whatsoever.
- Winners may accept only the prize as stated in contest rules. No other substitutions allowed. Failure to comply with this provision will result in forfeiture of the prize by the winner.
- Global Youth Leadership Institute reserves the right to use any entries as it deems fit.
- The Board of Directors of Global Youth Leadership Institute reserves the right to make the final selection of the winning design at its complete discretion. The decision of the Board of Global Youth Leadership Institute is final and not subject to review or appeal.
- In order to claim the prize, the winning entrant must sign a release form. By claiming the prize and signing the release form, the winner releases Global Youth Leadership Institute, its officers and directors, from any and all claims, liabilities, and damages arising directly or indirectly out of the award and use of the prize.
The winning entrant will assume all financial obligations for local, state, and federal taxes and all applicable fees based on the value of the prize.
This promotion is void where prohibited by law.