Register Below for GYLI Spring Educator Training & for the summer trip program that you will be attending.
All adult participants attending the summer program, GYLI school contacts and administrators are encouraged to attend GYLI spring training.
Thursday April 27th 6:00PM -Saturday April 29th 3:00PM
Keynote speakers: Dr. Ulric Johnson, Susan Lubar Solvang from Growing Minds , Christian Starling and Kristoffer Barikmo
Immersion into GYLI’s 4 Pillars: Collaborative Leadership, Religious Pluralism, Multi-Cultural Identity, and Environmental Sustainability.
- Current research on Social-Emotional Learning, and how it connects to global education
- Immersion into GYLI’s 4 Pillars: Collaborative Leadership, Religious Pluralism, Multi-Cultural Identity, and Environmental Sustainability
- Learn skills on mindfulness to reduce stress, increase positivity and intentionality working with youth
- Activities, resources, and methods to teach and foster inclusivity in our schools and communities
- Risk management
- Engagement with students and adults in your community
- Managing difficulty conversations about leadership and identity
- Supporting school projects and LLPs
- Team building and energizer activities
Who Should attend:
•GYLI administrators and teachers in schools
•GYLI participating teachers who will travel to programs in 2017
School Chaperones, GYLI Contacts and Administrators: GYLI will cover hotel costs and meals for attendees. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hilton Garden Inn for any attendees staying the night. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to reserve a room.
Program Coordinators: GYLI covers the cost of transportation, meals and accommodations.AprilTrainingScheduleHotel.docx